COMPLIANCE: We provide over 50 years of experience in Secure Data Eradication: Your compliance issues are met with our Media Buy Back and Data Eradication processes.
Regulations Aimed at Data Privacy and Protection:
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act (corporate reporting and auditing practices)
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (Credit Reporting Industry)
- USA Patriot Act (Bank Security Act)
- Homeland Security Information Sharing Act (Federal agencies security information)
- D.O.D. (Department of Defense) standards
How do you properly eradicate data in the most cost-effective and secure manner: Our data eradication service provides complete eradication of data from tapes, protecting your hard-earned reputation and trustworthiness by preventing confidential information from falling into the wrong hands. Many companies misrepresent themselves and only “broker” the sale of used media. Our time tested eradication processes ensure secure eradication and required processes to meet today’s state, local government, industry specific regulatory compliance requirements, customer and employee privacy legislation, and security mandates. All data eradication is conducted at our secure location. As a result, our clients are insulated from exposure to legal liabilities or loss of corporate assets.
Our secure, state-of-the-art facility offers:
- High power degaussing eliminates all information and trace data from the tiny low capacity 4mm tapes to the high capacity Super DLT II technology
- Eradication of data using overwriting to a predefined standard, from 1 to n passes, in every bit position and on every track in varying patterns over the entire length of the tape
- Support for all types of media: mainframe or open systems; enterprise, midrange, or desktop; with or without servo track
- Fully configurable processes to meet any applicable standard, including the U.S. Department of Defense Sanitizing Standard (DOD 5220.22-M, DOD 5220.22-M ECE)
- Over 50 years of experience helping customers achieve the necessary business and technology processes to assure compliance of organization, industry, local, state, and federal regulations
DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE (DOD) ERADICATION PROCESSES
Eradicate your data to the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) Standards
(DOD 5220.22-M, DOD 5220.22-M ECE)
Department of Defense Standard DOD 5220.22-M is the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) that the DOD, Department of Energy, Nuclear Regulatory Commission, and Central Intelligence Agency must use. The DOD 5220.22-M standard is the civilian term given to the terms and policies found in NISPOM. It prescribes methods and standards by which classified data needs to be secured.