HP LTO 7
HP LTO 7 Ultrium Tape Media Cartridge: 6TB Native - 15TB Compressed
Part # C7977A
With 6TB native and up to 15TB compressed, HP LTO 7 specifications more than double the tape cartridge capacity from the LTO 6. Files will also transfer more quickly with the HP C7977A LTO 7 backup tape. Delivering 300 Mbps native data transfer speed and data transfer rates up to 750MB per second compressed; translating to more than 2.7 terabytes of data/hour per drive. The HP LTO7 is designed to maintain its storage quality for up to 30 years.
HP LTO 7 Performance
HP LTO-7 will continue to contain features like partitioning functionality that allows users to offer a tape-based file system with the use of LTFS. LTO 7 provides continued support for hardware-based encryption and WORM (Write-Once, Read-Many) functionality. This helps ensure a balance of performance, capacity, compatibility and cost control supporting a broad range of security-rich and portable data storage options for backup and archive that are easy to use and address a vast majority of storage needs.
HP Ultrium LTO 7 Features
- Capacity of 6 TB and up to 15 TB compressed capacity on HP StoreEver and non-HP LTO-6 devices.
- Supports transfer speeds of 300 MB/s (native), 750 MB/s (2.5:1) with Generation 7
- Barium Ferrite (BaFe) technology
- Support for tape drive hardware encryption
- Compatible with Linear Tape File System (LTFS)
- Simplified tape path to reduce wear and tear.
HP LTO 7 Tape Specifications
- HP LTO7 tape capacity: Up to 6TB native and up to 15TB compressed
- HP LTO7 Transfer Rate: Up to 300MB/s native and 750MB/s compressed
- WORM Capable (Write Once Read Many) Solution Help address todays tough regulatory and compliance needs with a write once read many data cartridge