Sony DDS5 / DAT72
Sony DDS5 / DAT72 4mm Data Tape Cartridge: 36GB Native - 72GB Compressed
Part # DGDAT72
Compact and reliable, with superior cost-performance. DDS (4mm) are the ideal solution to high-volume backup and archiving requirements. These 72GB (compressed) capacity, easy-to-handle compact cartridges provide cost efficient backup and long-term archiving for years.
The SONY DDS5 / DAT72 data cartridge delivers the backup needs of a very wide range of organizations and networks. As a DDS compliant drive with backwards read and write compatibility, the DAT72 tape cartridge offers customers real value with the balance of cost, capacity and performance that they need in backing up their data. With broad server hardware, backup software and operating system connectivity it is second to none in ensuring the customer has no need to worry about the security of their data.
Sony DDS5 / DAT72 Performance
- SONY ensures the highest level of quality and performance with media specifications that far exceed industry standards. Backed by SONY’s thorough media qualification process, the C8010A SONY DAT 72 data cartridge, 72 GB (170m) supports the launch of the SONY DAT 72 tape drive. Extending the enduring popularity of the DDS format, SONY DAT 72 data cartridges offer stress free and straightforward backup. The new platform is capable of protecting nearly 11 GB/hour of data and storing up to 36 GB on one piece of SONY DAT 72 media (80% more capacity than DDS-4).
Tape Features and Benefits
Increases capacity with 36 GB native storage on a single DDS format cartridge Built upon proven, reliable DDS technology Lowers the cost of ownership for small and medium sized organizations compared to AIT and DLT VS with superior cost per GB Reinforced by SONY’s unique media testing and qualification process for maximum reliability in backup and restore Blue cartridge shell for ease of identification in mixed media archives where older versions of DDS media may be in use
- Tape Capacity:Up to 36GB native and up to 72GB compressed (2:1)
- Transfer Rate: Up to 3.2MB/sec
- Enhanced data density with Helical scan technology
- Durable HCL binder and stable low error rate assure excellent transport stability and outstanding reliability