What is LTO 7
LTO-7 Ultrium is a cost-effective backup technology for business. The largest organizations in the world rely on tape backup for archiving, disaster recovery, and even cloud backup as their data requirements grow exponentially. With LTO-7’s greater storage capacity, businesses can maintain or reduce their existing footprint with industry-leading storage technology. The tape libraries use advanced “cabinets” instead of slots, and TeraPack containers in place of individual cartridges, resulting in an unrivaled storage density. This incredible concentration of storage allows for the maximization of data that can be stored per square foot of data center space.
Preserving or reducing your current footprint with LTO-7’s greater storage capacity is possible even as your data center grows. The extra data storage volume offered by LTO 7, now up to 6 TB uncompressed, means that fewer tapes are needed to store the same amount of data. Smaller amount of tape creates a decrease in both the number of library slots required as well as the cost of outsourced storage.
LTO 7 improved data rate, now up to 300 Mb/sec, delivers a performance surge up to 88% when compared to LTO 6. This performance increase means you need less tape drives to do the same amount of work.
LTO-7 has upgraded fault correction performance significantly relative to LTO-6. LTO-7 tape drives now inscribe critical data to tape at a level of precision that’s two orders of scale better than the prior generation.
LTO: The Industry Standard for Tape Technology
LTO tape technology is the only open, non-proprietary tape technology. Interchangeability of tape media and drives is guaranteed from all LTO manufacturers to allow freedom of choice for end users.
Specifications: LTO-7 drives
- Capacity: Up to 15 TB compressed 2.5:1 (6 TB native)
- Data transfer rate: Up to 700 MB/s compressed (300 MB/s native)
- Data compression: SLDC (LTO data compression per ECMA-321)
- Data cartridge: LTO-7 (rewritable) LTO-7 Cleaning cartridge: LTO Universal Cleaning Cartridge (UCC)
- Backwards Compatibility: Read/write LTO-6 media. Reads LTO-5 media.
- Interface: 8Gb/s Fibre Channel (auto-negotiates to 4Gb/s or 2 Gb/s); 6 Gb/s SAS (auto-negotiates to 3Gb/s).
- Encryption: AES256-GCM (256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard).
Sell LTO 7
- Send us your list. (include Brand, Quantity, and Condition)
- Our data supply experts will audit your LTO 7 tapes and make an offer.
- We pay shipping! (Including labels, trucks, and other security needs.)
- At our secure facility, tapes are held under 24-hour surveillance.
- Tapes are inspected and erased 100% of data.
- Certificate of Data Destruction provided along with payment
LTO 7 Buyback
|Part Number||Manufacturer||Description||We Purchase|
|C7977A||HP||LTO-7 Ultrium Tape 6/15TB||New and Used|
|16456574||FUJI||LTO-7 Ultrium Tape 6/15TB||New and Used|
|MRL7MQN01||QUANTUM||LTO-7 Ultrium Tape 6/15TB||New and Used|
|38L7302||IBM||LTO-7 Ultrium Tape 6/15TB||New and Used|
|LTX6000G||SONY||LTO-7 Ultrium Tape 6/15TB||New and Used|